Why Support the NAC?
The National Arts Club is one of the country's oldest institutions dedicated to the arts and artists. By supporting the Club, you ensure this tradition will continue for generations to come. Consider these ideas or contact us
so that we can work with you to structure an appropriate gift.
Support Existing & Emerging Artists
1. You can establish an award for artistic excellence in your name (or someone else's) through one of the many shows held by NAC committees, such as:
2. You can establish a scholarship through the Board of Governors, or through one of the many Committee-awarded scholarships to young artists, writers, and singers.
- The National Arts Club Opera Competition attracts dedicated applicants from around the world.
- The Student Exhibition awards thousands of dollars in prizes annually to dedicated and talented young artists.
- The Education Committee's Creative Writing Program seeks to sponsor innovative programs that bring new perspectives to the arts as a universal language, while promoting cross-cultural communications.
3. You can sponsor a membership for a deserving artist or student. Sponsored memberships allow deserving, talented, visionary people to enrich the life of our Club.
Support The Tilden Mansion
"They don't make houses like they used to," so the saying goes. That is especially true of the Tilden Mansion, which is both a registered landmark and an historic landmark. Preserving its grandeur is a overwhelming task. Here's some of the ways you can help.
1. Support the Restoration Committee
Since 2001, this Committee has been working towards this goal. Some short-term goals of the Committee include refurbishing the carved woodwork throughout the house, as well as the tea porches off the second floor parlor; cleaning the stained glass ceiling over the bar; installing color-corrected lightbulbs; commissioning a portrait of Tilden to educate the public about our Club history' engraving a brass plaque explaining our dress code.
They are in constant need of volunteers and financial support.
2. Support the Curatorial Committee
Many of the Club's collected "diploma paintings" were in poor condition after having been relegated to a storage room for years. But now they been given new life through a restoration program established in 1991 and operated under the aegis of the Curatorial Committee. Your support allows priceless paintings to lives again, and enrich the lives of art lovers everywhere.
3. Support General Operations
Many of the NAC staff members are volunteers, and operating costs rise daily. There are many ways in which you can give. Some options include:
- Donating cash or securities to NAC's operating funds (securities held for more than one year provide significant tax advantages for those who file US taxes).
- Consider a Gift Annuity - a form of planned giving that allows you to earn income in the form of a fixed payout on a gift to the Foundation.
- Leave a legacy by remembering the NAC with a bequest that assures your continuing support.