The permanent attraction is the 1880's façade which former Governor Samuel Tilden created in the 1880's through eminent architect Calvert Vaux. In the structure unifying two brownstones there are five silhouette busts of major cultural figures and a head of Michelangelo atop the entrance at 14 Gramercy Park. Floral and faunal configurations complete the design in various stone media.
In the Summer of 2006, the Club signed a contract with Adami Restoration of Booklyn for the restoration of the 14 Gramercy Park stoop. Thus far, we have made exciting progress in turning the clock back to the 1880's. A great dimension of the project is the restoration of the Michelangelo bust in the western stoop, sculpted by New York artist Sergio Rossetti Morosini.
Check back for details on our ongoning Façade Restoration project.